Monday, June 10, 2024

Amazing Grace

 

Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.  Romans 10:13


We celebrated our oldest son, Elliott's 17th trip around the sun this week. Another item that blows my mind is that he is now driving and a rising 11th grader; just two more years of high school...man, time continues to fly by at light speed, because we can't have a son about to finish high school, can we??!! I have noticed that the older he becomes, the more expensive the gifts are, right?  Elijah will turn 14 later this summer but I can sense he was a little jelly of Elliott's birthday presents. 

I can still recall when my little sister got what seemed to be 'cool' gifts that I was always a bit jealous of when we were growing up.  My parents surprised her with a sweet Ford Mustang GT Convertible when she turned sixteen. One year, she was given a ATV/4 wheeler for Christmas from Santa Claus, and if I am being honest, I expected something similar or equally as 'cool' from my parents/Santa. 

To some extent, we are all childish with the gifts we expect to receive, but there is one gift that is given freely to each one of us-the perfect gift-the gift of God's grace. 

There is nothing you need to do to receive this gift other than calling the name of Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and accepting that His death on the cross is that which saves you from sin.

If you haven't accepted Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, what are you waiting for? 



No comments:

Post a Comment