Friday, June 14, 2024

Lengthwise

 

Certainly you made my mind and heart; you wove me together in my mother’s womb.  I will give you thanks because your deeds are awesome and amazing.  You knew me thoroughly… Psalms 139:13


Ah, the summertime.  It’s great to enjoy the long days and what a better time to work on projects around the home… 

Many years ago, we had a screened in porch built at our old home and then two summers later, we laid the concrete for a patio that has provided us a place for our grill and some lawn chairs.   We had a trampoline in the back yard which is the 'hang out' for many of our neighbor's kids.  Until we had a concrete pad, our grill was stored inside our screened in porch and it drove Alicia crazy. (Not to mention, I burned some of the vinyl siding off of the side of old house, but that’s a story for another day and time.)  The contractor that worked on both of our home improvement projects amazed me.  He knew exactly what materials and tools he needed to complete each project and worked efficiently on both until completion.  I know a lot of folks who are handy, but I am certainly not one of them.  (I cannot build a Lego set correctly without the instruction manual….oh well)!

God is like the ‘master builder’ when it comes to each of our lives.  He knows what work needs to be done and just how He will use His beloved children to finish the job.   You see, each of us are wonderfully and fearfully made to serve as His vessels while we are on this earth.   From before we were born, He has known us and the plans He has in store for us.

Praise His holy name!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment