Thursday, June 16, 2011

Give Peace A Chance

Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord.  (Hebrews 12:14)


I have really had to pray hard lately and ask for God's help in making me 'hold back' and refrain from posting comments on Facebook as a rebuttal to some of my friends' recent posts.  Not sure what's going on, but some people just seem to rub me the wrong way with their negative comments, self-absorbed posts, and the 'crap' they have no business posting on the internet.  


When I pray that God helps me with my attitude, I can't help but think of all of the mercy and grace He has shown me over the course of my lifetime.  As Christians, we are to pursue holiness, which means that we are to do our very best to treat others with the same mercy and unconditional love that God has shown us.


It's hard, but seek God's guidance the next time you are feeling confrontational or short-fused.  The more we understand what our loving Father has done for us, the more we will want to live the holy life He desires for us to live.  Praise be to God-His mercy endures forever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment