Sunday, June 26, 2011

Everywhere That I Go

Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.  (1 Peter 5:7)

If you are reading this, then I successfully survived being on my own Thursday night through Sunday with both boys at home while my wife went on a much needed girls' trip with all of her college friends.  When Alicia first mentioned going out of town for a long weekend, I didn't think too much about it.  This, of course, was also before Elijah became mobile and started crawling. Elliott has also been quite a challenge now that he is four and now knows everything, so I honestly became a little anxious as she pulled out of the driveway and headed out of town on Thursday.   

The time alone with both boys was wonderful.  We had an awesome "Dude's Weekend" and were never at loss for things to do. Our awesome group of friends gladly helped out at various points throughout the weekend, so I was able to get my morning jogs in and finish some small projects around the house.  When I reflect on all of the good things God has done/is doing in my life, it's hard to keep count.  

God's presence always surrounds us, in all times, every day.  He sends each of us countless blessings and He promises to take all of our worries and anxieties upon Himself. He promises us eternal life in heaven where there will be no more worries, pain, hurt, and fears. 

God is good all of the time, all of the time, God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment