Friday, June 24, 2011

My Own Worst Enemy

“It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.”  (Galatians 2:20)

I have heard the above passage from the book of Galatians several times over the course of my lifetime, but why I am so stubborn to accept the truth?  There are times I honestly feel defeated.  Imagine this scenario, you have had a craptastic week at work, your spouse is angry at you for coming home too late and you have missed dinner, you have a pile of bills waiting for you in the mailbox and you are struggling to discipline your children…sound familiar? 

It’s easy to feel defeated at times, but God never intended any of us to live a life characterized by defeat.  He paid too high a price for each one of us to let us live the rest of our lives in misery and failure.  We each have the Holy Spirit dwelling within us, to help protect us from our worst enemy-ourselves

The Holy Spirit is just one of God’s many provisions to help us live in peace and be victorious.   Stand tall and know that Christ lives in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment