Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Trust

I trusted in, relied on, and was confident in You, O lord; I said, you are my God.  My times are in Your hands.  (Psalm 31:14-15)


Our youngest son, Elijah, operates on a routine schedule.  He expects a his nighttime bottle at 7 PM sharp and typically dozes off to sleep for the evening upon finishing his 8 0z.  He is a creature of habit and if something causes us to be late with serving him his bottle, he certainly becomes fussy and lets us know that he is hungry. 
Our human nature is much the same way.  We tend to want good things to happen to us now rather than later and we let people know when things don't happen according to our timing.  Trust requires us to place our valuable time in God's hands and believing that His timing is perfect for all things that happen in our lives.  I am not, by any means, suggesting that this is easy, just making a point. 
Not knowing when, where, or how God will answer is what is difficult, but it is during those times of patience that our faith grows and we learn valuable lessons in depending on God. 
When we trust God, we will experience His goodness and faithfulness and we begin to let go of our timing and place it solely in God's hands.  It's a wonderful place, I have heard and I am learning to do more every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment