Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.  (Psalm 37:5)
 
 
The more I grow in my faith, the more I understand that God's ways are not my ways and sometimes I must wait before He sends His blessings.  Elijah just turned 9 months old this past week and looking back at how fast time has flown by made me acknowledge the season of waiting I was in for the better part of last year.  Five months into this year, and I am now in a much different season, but I learned a valuable lesson in learning to trust God fully and completely while patiently waiting for God's many blessings. 
 
 
When we don't trust God with our needs, we will live in panic, chaos, and fear because we do not cry out to the One who can meet our needs.  Jesus' disciples learned to trust Him on the Sea of Galilee during a frightening storm that had each one convinced that they would not survive.  Jesus walked across the water and commanded the storm to be still and the sea quickly became calm again.
 
 
If you do not trust the Lord, then who do you trust?  Jesus is waiting with His arms outstretched for you and will lift you up despite the tempestuous circumstances you may find yourself facing.

No comments:

Post a Comment