Saturday, August 4, 2012

Don't Lose My Number


I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. Romans 7:15


I had a wonderful conversation with a friend just the other day about how hard it is to follow Jesus’ example.  This is something I certainly struggle with regardless of any outward appearance that would lead someone to believe that I have everything all figured out. 

The apostle Paul wrote the above passage from Romans, and despite being the author of most of the New Testament, even he often struggled with the same thing.  He was perplexed by why he chose “to do what he hated rather than what he wanted to do. “  It’s not a stretch to say we live in a world that is filled with other influences that constantly divide our attention and make us lose our focus on the truth and God’s infinite wisdom. 

We can read all of the daily devotions we want and attend service every possible chance we get, but if we aren’t willing to dig deeper into the Bible and seek God’s direction for our lives, everything that we learn will be quickly forgotten. 

Seek God’s wisdom and keep your eyes focused on Jesus without looking to the left or right. Apply His word to your life.  The enemy will stop at nothing to keep whispering his lies into our minds and keep us from living the lives God intended for us to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment