Friday, August 3, 2012

New Attitude


And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind and having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude.  Ephesians 4:23

I know that God has entered my life and in doing so, has renewed my mind and attitude; if this were not so, I would not be capable of making the right decisions.  I know that love is not just a feeling, but a choice that I make.  I believe this is why so many marriages come to an abrupt end after so many years.  People are trying to re-capture that initial feeling of falling in love again and will look to find it with someone other than their spouse.

When someone has made me angry or upset, I can choose to dwell on it in my mind and think of all of the negative things I’d like to say, or I can choose to think positive thoughts towards that person.  I always seem to feel better when I choose the latter.

It’s when we come to that place in our minds where we think good thoughts that opens the door for God to work His good and perfect plan into our lives.  We must learn to allow the Holy Spirit to help us break our old patterns and replace them with new ones.

Thinking good thoughts isn’t always easy, but as we do, we begin to have a change of heart and attitude towards other people and our relationships will also change for the better in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment