Sunday, February 12, 2012

Listen Up

"Hear, O my people, and I will warn you-if you will listen to me, O Israel!" (Psalm 81:8)

A few years ago, I attended a Dale Carnegie class to improve my public speaking skills. One of the most valuable lessons I learned from the class was that ‘the best speaker is a good listener.’  It makes sense if you think about it for a moment. People are not as interested in what you have to say as they are in having someone listen to what they have to say.

This concept holds true in the way we communicate with God. Anyone can rattle off their laundry list of prayer requests, tack on an ‘Amen’, and feel like they have communicated with God. I am guilty of this at times, myself, and feel that I often do not take the time to read His Word and patiently wait for His response or guidance.

Have you ever randomly opened the Bible and found a verse that was applicable to what you were going through at that very moment? It was not by chance, I assure you.  God often speaks His truths directly into our lives through the pages of the Living Word.

Before we get to far into this new year, take the time to read Scripture more and diligently seek His voice. There are too many blessings that we miss out on because of our failure to listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment