Friday, April 15, 2011

Follow You, Follow Me

Take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees.  Mark out a straight path for your feet so that those who are weak and lame will not fall but become strong.  (Hebrews 12:12-13)


One of the most successful basketball players to ever play the sport at Auburn University is Charles Barkley. He used to have a series of commercials years ago in which he stated, "I am not a role model."  I realized that as much as I would like to give Sir Charles' disclaimer to my two sons at times, the truth is, they are both watching me and modeling their behavior after me.

Sometimes we fashion our behavior after others; the same can also be said about the example we set for those watching and observing us.  The Bible says that the way we live influences others; for better or worse, good or evil, Christ or the enemy.

What kind of example are you setting?  How can your daily life set an example for others to want to know and have a relationship with Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment