Thursday, April 7, 2011

These Dreams

Through skillful and godly Wisdom is a house (a life, a home, a family) built, and by understanding it is established on a sound and good foundation.  And by knowledge shall its chambers of every area be filled with all precious and pleasant riches. (Proverbs 24:3-4)


Have you ever dreamed of achieving something greater in your life? Recently, I followed one of my dreams and it's taken off remarkably.

Writing the Daily DEVO has made me realize how much I enjoy writing, so this little dream began with the idea of creating a music blog that showcased local artists, had album reviews, interviews, videos, and articles about musicians and bands that a few of my friends and I enjoy. I have always had an interest in music since childhood, but after marriage and two children, my passion for music has taken a backseat to being a husband, father, and provider for my family. I pitched the idea to two of my closest friends who are "music dorks" like me, and we created our music blog, The Showbiz Kids, aptly named after a Steely Dan song. In over three weeks, the page has already been viewed over 1,100 times, which is unbelievable! (Then again, I can't believe that people actually take time to read my writing on this Blog, so for that I am truly grateful!) The Showbiz Kids blog has become a labor of love, in addition to being a wonderful creative outlet for each of us.

God tells us that we are able to do exceedingly above and beyond all we can possibly hope, ask, or think. So, if we are not dreaming big, then we are missing out on the endless possibilities and opportunities that await us.

We all have visions and dreams deep within each of us, and sometimes it requires us to do some soul searching to find them. If you are willing to dig deep and ask for God's help, you can fulfill your dreams with endless possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment