Monday, April 11, 2011

Beyond Belief

Then He said to Thomas, "Put your finger here, and look at my hands.  Put your hand into the wound in My side.  Don't be faithless any longer.  Believe!" "My Lord and my God!" Thomas exclaimed.  Then Jesus told him, "You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me." (John 20:27-29)


I enjoy telling and sharing stories to our son before bedtime.  He has an innocent faith and highly creative imagination, so he believes a lot of the fictional characters and superheroes in my stories are real.   My relationship with Jesus is very real to me as well.  I have never physically seen or heard His voice, but without a shadow of a doubt, I know that He is alive and ever-present in my life.

Based on the exchange between Jesus and Thomas, the strongest faith is based on Spiritual conviction rather than physical proof.  No matter what our stance is, we know that there are spiritual elements that exist in this world in which we cannot see, but we know they are real.

Our faith grows by leaps and bounds when we allow the Holy Spirit to open our senses to recognize His presence at work each day of our lives.

'Faith' is believing in things in which we cannot see.   God promises to bless those who believe in Him with any form of physical evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment