Friday, April 8, 2011

A Day In The Life

The Lord is both kind and fair; that is why He teaches sinners the right way to live...The Lord shows His faithful followers the way they should live...I continually look to the Lord for help, for He will free my feet from the enemy's net. (Psalms 25:8,12,15)

Being brutally honest about my Spiritual life the past few weeks, I would say that I have been on "automatic pilot" and have just been going through the motions with God.  I have rushed through my daily Bible reading or have been skipping my nightly prayer before I go to sleep at night and probably sound like what my dad used to call, "a broken record," repeating the same prayers and petitions over and over to God when I do pray in the mornings. 

It's when we go through our daily routine without recognizing God's presence in our lives, that we miss out on the peace that He gives to each of us.  Let's face it, there is no "stress-free" job or career out there.  (If there is, someone please let me know!)  Add a family and finances to your worklife and it's easy to become consumed and forget who's really in control.  God is in control.  God is also right there with you on the most mundane days and also the most stressful ones. 

Make the time, if only for just a few moments, before you go to bed to reflect on your day.  Look closely, and you will undoubtedly see that God has been with you every step of the way.  Understanding His presence in our lives helps us to get out of the rut of just 'going through the motions' and helps us to live in His perfect peace and wisdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment