Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Best of What's Around


I will be filled with joy because of you.  I willsing praises to your name, O Most High.  Psalm 9:2

As a Christian, it is easy sometimes to view aspects of lifewith their appropriate seriousness-sin and its consequences, fighting againstevil, etc., but sometimes we overlook some of the great delights of being afollower of Christ.

I have enjoyed running for several years now.  A fewweeks ago, I began experiencing some painful discomfort on the top of  myleft foot which eventually led me to talk to my doctor who informed me that Ihad a stress fracture.  My doctor advised me to take at least six weeksoff from running to avoid any further damage or a possible broken bone. This news was certainly disappointing to me as I had been increasing my mileagein preparation for a marathon in beginning of April. 

I have been able to work out every day, but I have nowincorporated different physical activities such as riding my bike and swimminginto my routine.  At first, I was angry that I could not run, but now havereally gotten into swimming and actually feel like I am in better shape. 

The point I am trying to make is that life sometimes makesan unexpected turn, or things don’t always happen the way we would like forthem to.  God, however, is constant in His love for each of us andregardless of our circumstances, has a plan for us.   He made thiswonderful world for us to live in and enjoy and wants us to serve Himenthusiastically and filled with joy.

Let us not lose our perspective on being able to enjoy thejourney that God has planned for us, even if it is not the way we wouldnecessarily have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment