Thursday, April 12, 2012

Got To Give It Up

They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because He is Lord of lords and King of kings-and with Him will be His called, chosen and faithful followers.  Revelation 17:14

Ask yourself this very difficult question...is Jesus the Lord of everything in your life or only a few things?  If I am completely honest, my answer would be along the lines of: “He is the Lord over my some of marriage, some of my parenting, some of my finances, some of my career, some of my relationships; etc.”  The problem with my answer is that Jesus wants to be the Lord over ALL things in my life, and He wants the same for you as well.   

The titles "Lord of Lords" and "King of Kings" are not just some empty Holy-roller words used to describe Jesus, but they are appropriate for the One who is the Lord over all things in this universe, time, each and every circumstance and situation.  If you have accepted Him as your personal Lord and Savior, then there is never a single moment the rest of your life that He will not be in complete control making sure that all things come together for your good, in accordance to His perfect will and timing.

We must learn to let go of the control we so desperately try to manage in every area of our lives and turn it over to the One who really is the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings!  

No comments:

Post a Comment