Monday, February 22, 2016

You're My Best Friend

We have known and believed the love that God has for us.  1 John 4: 16

When my youngest son, Elijah, becomes angry with me, he often storms off and says something to the effect of: "I don’t like you. You're not my best friend anymore, daddy."  Understanding a five year old can be difficult, but he normally comes back shortly after one of his temper tantrums and tells me that I am his best friend again.  Regardless, those words still hurt!

In the end, it's love that creates in us a feeling of self-worth.  More importantly, it's God's unending, unconditional, and forgiving love that proves we are worthy.  If God created us, redeemed us with blood of Christ, and calls us His children, we are surely of great importance to Him.

The answer to feelings of unworthiness is love-the always and forever kind that only God gives each of us.  A love that is not based on what a person does or how they act, but one that is given to a beloved child of the Father forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment