Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Hole-Hearted


"If you ask anything in my name, I will do it.  If you love me, you will obey my commandments.  Then I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever-the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot accept, because it does not see Him or know Him.  But you know Him, because He resides with you and will be in you."  -Jesus Christ, John 14:14-24


As much as I profess to love Jesus Christ, I honestly feel like I don’t give Him my ‘all’ at all times.  I could write a million daily devotionals about loving God and my outwardly projected image may seem good to others, but only God knows the true motives of my heart.

We can go to church every time the doors are open, serve in ministry, go on mission trips, feed the homeless, teach Sunday school, and say all the right ‘Christian-sounding’ words, but the truth is that unless we are obediently following God's will for our lives, we are only following Him half-heartily.

If we truly love God, we must stay grounded in His Word and obey His commands.  That last statement may sound harsh, but it's true.  Even if you are only reading one verse a day, make the time to meditate on His Word and stay faithful Him in love and allow Him to take His righteous place in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment