Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ask

To Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think…be glory.  Ephesians 3:20-21

Our oldest son has recently shown an interest in playing video games.  Last night, Elliott asked to play the Nintendo Wii, so I let him play a couple of games before bedtime.  In fact, I was talking to my mother on the phone and let him play a little longer than I wanted him to play.  When I asked him to turn the game console off, he became outraged because he would have played MarioKart all night long if only I’d let him.  The more I think about it, we treat God pretty much the same with what we ask of Him.

We forget what Paul mentioned in his letter to the Ephesians, that God “is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think.”  In the most simple of terms, we cannot possibly begin to ask for all that God desires to give us.  We cannot fathom all that He has to give us and I’d like to think that I have a pretty vivid imagination.

How awesome is it to think that we cannot even begin to imagine all that is contained in God’s endless and abundant riches?! Praise be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment