Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's Love

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God ; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.  The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.  1 John 4: 7-8

By the time I finally graduated from Auburn University, I struggled with accepting the fact that God actually loved me.  I had done everything I could to run as far away from Him as possible and lived to tell about it.  The constant partying, the unabashed selfishness, the self-inflicted anger, hurt, guilt, and pain left me feeling like God couldn’t possibly love me in the state I was in. 

The more I read the Bible, the more it became clearly apparent that God loved me; He always has and always will.  I began to notice this beautiful world that we live in and understand that He created each of us with a need for His love.  There is nothing we can possibly substitute for our basic need to have God’s never-ending and perfect love. 

There are times you may feel unworthy of His love just like I once did.  The truth of the matter is that no one is worthy of God’s love. 

The good news is that His love is not based on whether we are deserving or not, He loves us unconditionally, and it’s hard to fathom from our limited perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment