Saturday, May 8, 2021

People Are People

 

Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.  1 John 4:11


I am amazed by some of the posts I read on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. There are times when I can easily become disenchanted with reading my news feed on Facebook because it is so full of negativity and hate...

Despite my own personal, religious, and political convictions, I realize and respect that other people hold different and opposing views than me. Too often, people feel that they should only mesh with people who are of similar belief, culture, nationality, race, gender, or income level.

The truth is that God wants us to treat EVERYONE with the same mercy, kindness, forgiveness, civility, and compassion as Jesus did.  And what about good manners?  I am not sure if it’s because I am more in tune with what people say to each other now that I am 'plugged in', but where has the common courtesy gone to these days?

I realize that I personally have a lot to learn and am not being self-righteous; I guess I am just wondering why people can't try to get along more often; we just aren't living together the way God intended us to....

No comments:

Post a Comment