Monday, May 10, 2021

Are We Ourselves?

 

A sound heart is life to the body.  Proverbs 14:30

Being in sales and trying to maintain proper nutrition has been and is difficult and still an ongoing struggle for me.  On any given week, I am eating lunch with prospects, clients, and insurance carrier representatives several days during normal business hours.  In the evenings, we sometimes normally don't eat dinner until after both boys have gone to bed which is seemingly later in the evenings during the spring and summer.

I am committed to exercising every single day, but often, I feel that I am only exercising to prevent myself from gaining a bunch of weight.  Since Easter, I have remained committed to eating lighter and making wiser choices and the results have been remarkable in a very short period of time.  I feel healthier, I have more energy, and I have been more focused; all in part to eating a healthier diet. (Not to mention, I have shed a few stubborn lbs. along the way.)

Most Christians understand the harmful effects from partaking in certain substances, drinking too much, or smoking, but often overlook the benefits of maintain a healthy lifestyle by eating a well-balanced diet and exercising.  God commands us to love ourselves which means that we are to do nothing that will bring harm to our bodies.

God doesn't want to damper our life experience by any stretch of the imagination, He just wants us to avoid things that cause us spiritual, physical, and emotional harm.  


No comments:

Post a Comment