Friday, May 7, 2021

Amazing Grace


God saved you by His grace when you believed.  And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God.  Ephesians 2:8

My dad traditionally waits to the last minute to shop for gifts at Christmas.  It was my freshman quarter at Auburn University in the fall of 1993, and I completely 'bombed' and almost failed out after a quarter of foolishness and debauchery.  I strategically planned to intercept my grades so that my father wouldn't see them before he went Christmas shopping, but it was too late...he arrived with an arm full of presents for my mother and sister and simply handed me an opened envelope from Auburn University.  My parents were disappointed in me to say the very least, and aside from a few pieces of clothing and The Allman Brothers boxed set collection- "Dreams", it was a pretty light year for presents.

Thankfully, God saves each one of us because of His mercy and grace alone.  There is nothing we can possibly do to earn His grace and love.  He simply loves us and approves of us regardless of what we do or don't do and He has paid the ultimate price to forgive us of our sins.

The fact that this is God's gift and something that we can never repay, should be a great comfort to each of us and should also provide hope and security.

When you accept God's grace as you accept any other gift that you receive, you will fully enjoy His peace, blessings, and mercy.


No comments:

Post a Comment