Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Stronger Every Day

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trails of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. James 1:2



Despite it being a vacation week and currently enjoying some much need rest and relaxation with the family, leading up to this week, I was simply worn out from a crazy busy month of May.  Everything has been going well-the boys have been playing baseball and flag football, the school year is in the books, and I have been running ragged at work the past few weeks with increased travel for various meetings and presentations.  Here is the point: when I rely on my own limited resources, I simply don’t have what it takes to make it. 

The more I learn about God, the more I am beginning to understand that He wants me to come to a place of dependence on Him, every single day.

This world wants you to believe that being self-sufficient is the way live, but the truth is, we need to rely more on God’s all-powerful and never-ending strength.

Let us rejoice in our insufficiency knowing that God’s power is made perfect in our weakness.


No comments:

Post a Comment