Friday, May 4, 2018

Ignoreland

Those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them.  John 6:37

Alicia and I are blessed with two wonderful sons.  Being a dad is particularly cool as I enjoy being able to share all of my extensive love of superheroes, sports, and music with the boys.  However, being a father can be difficult at times, especially when the boys go out of their way to choose their mom over me. 

This form of rejection is not subtle by any means and happened to me just the other evening when I wouldn't let our youngest have ice cream.  Elijah was mad at me because he wanted ice cream like his older brother was enjoying.  I wouldn't let him have any because Elijah did not finish eating his dinner like Elliott had.  The next hour, Elijah proceeded whine and pout a bit and ignored me for the rest of the evening. This little incident got me to thinking how many times I have rejected God during the course of my lifetime; most likely because He did not answer one of my prayers in the exact way that I asked for it to be answered...sound familiar?

Thankfully, God accepts everyone who comes to Him in faith, even those who previously rejected Him.  We can always approach God knowing that He will make time for us and will always listen to us.  In fact, He is always dependable, always loves us and is always there for us. 

God never turns away from us and we can learn how to accept others that may be difficult for us to accept in His loving arms.




No comments:

Post a Comment