Monday, July 31, 2017

Sometimes Salvation

For our sake He made to be sin Who knew no sin, so that in and through Him we might become the righteousness of God.  2 Corinthians 5:21

I still consider myself a ‘work in progress’ as it pertains to my walk of faith. The enemy will stop at nothing to undermine our joy by constantly reminding us that we don’t measure up to God’s standard.  As believers in the body of faith,  we must boldly declare that we are indeed new creations in Christ and continue to press on in our Spiritual journey...

I have been in a rut lately, Spiritually speaking, and during our recent sermon series, Guardrails, I heard Stephen DeFur deliver a message at Cokesbury, that reminded me there is nothing that we can possibly do to make God love us any more or any less than He already does...   

We simply cannot be defined by our past.  To add to that thought, we also need to understand that we cannot earn God’s grace or His love; He already loves us now and always will.

God understands that our growing and learning is a process and He wants us to enjoy ourselves on the way to reaching our goals as believers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment