Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Help Me

Fear not...for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties...I am the Lord, Who says to you, fear not; I will help you! Isaiah 41:10,13

With so much uncertainty in my line of work, just trying to provide for my family, and the seemingly never-ending amount of bills, I sometimes find that it's too easy to look at my circumstances and become afraid. The above passage from Isaiah instructs us NOT to look our problems, but unfortunately, many people, just like me, do the exact opposite.

The more we pour over our problems, the more fear grows inside of us, and the more fearful we become.  God tells us to fear not, for He is with us.  So, rather than focusing on our problems, maybe we should focus on God, who can handle any problem we will ever face.  

Regardless of our circumstances, big or small, He promises each and every one of us that He will strengthen us and harden us to our difficulties. Praise be to His holy name!

No comments:

Post a Comment