Friday, May 23, 2014

Trouble



For I am the LORD your God, the one who takes hold of your right hand, who says to you, "Don't be afraid, I am helping you." Isaiah 41:13

In preparation for an upcoming business trip, I took my car in to have the oil changed.  My car had been on the rack for a couple of minutes when the mechanic came into the lobby and asked me to come out and take a look at my tires.  In the right rear tire was a large metal object that looked to be piece of a wood chisel that was buried deep into the tire.  The mechanic went on to tell me that I was lucky that they had caught it because my tire would have eventually blown apart and could have potentially caused an accident on the road. 

Of course, I was not thrilled nor even expecting to be in the market for new tires this week, but the more I think about it, the more I can see clearly that God was once again watching out for me.  What if I had been on the road and the tire had blown out or even worse, what if my family had been in the car with me and we had gotten into an accident?  I have never been more thankful to purchase a new set of tires in my life.

If you are like me then you also will go to great lengths to avoid problems in your daily life.  Unfortunately, it's simply unrealistic as Jesus assured us all in the Gospel of John that, "in this world you will have trouble."  Instead, we should face each day anticipating that we will face problems, seeing them as a challenge we can face with the help of our Lord and Savior. 

We must not forget that Jesus is on our side and while we are assured trouble in this world, we must also remember that He has overcome this world!  Thanks be to God!


No comments:

Post a Comment