Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Send Your Mind


“The LORD your God is in your midst; he is a warrior who can deliver.  He takes great delight in you; he renews you by his love; he shouts for joy over you.”  Zephaniah 3:17

I must admit that I have struggled with writer’s block over the past few weeks.  I can’t pinpoint a specific reason, but can say that I haven’t spent as much time in God’s Word as I should have and for that very reason, I feel that my writing has suffered. (Many apologies to the good folks who do take the time to read the Daily DEVO on a regular basis!)

I came across the above verse from Zephaniah in yesterday’s devotional by Sarah Young from “Jesus Calling.”  When I read the verse, a light bulb seemed to have turned on inside of me.  For far too long, I have let my mind get wrapped up in all sorts of thoughts and, sadly, have left God out of much of my ‘world-view’ lately.  This has brought me to a dark place and just hearing the words of comfort from our Loving Father has renewed my spirit.

God takes delight in all of His beloved children.  Even when we veer off-path, as much as he patiently waits to hear us cry for help, He will never step in and violate our freedom.  We must give up trying to ‘fix’ everything in our lives as none of us were ever created to carry our burdens on our own.

Let go and let God!


No comments:

Post a Comment