Friday, April 19, 2013

The Best of What's Around


I will be filled with joy because of you.  I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.  Psalm 9:2

As a Christian, it is easy sometimes to view aspects of life with their appropriate seriousness-sin and its consequences, fighting against evil, etc., but sometimes we overlook some of the great delights of being a follower of Christ.

I have enjoyed running for several years now.  A few months ago, I began experiencing some painful discomfort in the heel of my left foot which eventually led me to talk to my doctor who informed me that I have plantar fasciitis.  My doctor advised me to take some time off from running to ease the pain.  This news was certainly disappointing to me as I had been training for the recent Knoxville Half-Marathon that took place earlier this month. 

I have been able to work out every day, but I have since incorporated different physical activities such as riding my bike and swimming into my routine.  At first, I was angry that I could not run as much, but now have really gotten into biking and weight training and actually feel like I am in better shape. 

The point I am trying to make is that life sometimes makes an unexpected turn, or things don’t always happen the way we would like for them to.  God, however, is constant in His love for each of us and regardless of our circumstances, has a plan for us.   He made this wonderful world for us to live in and enjoy and wants us to serve Him enthusiastically and filled with joy.

Let us not lose our perspective on being able to enjoy the journey that God has planned for us, even if it is not the way we would necessarily have it.



No comments:

Post a Comment