Thursday, December 1, 2011

Help Me Somebody!

Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me.  Get away with me and you’ll recover your life.  I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me-watch how I do it.  Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.  I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.  Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly. Matthew 11:28-30, The Message

If that verse sounds familiar, it could be because it’s the exact same verse I wrote about in yesterday’s Daily DEVO, this time it’s taken from The Message.  I enjoy this paraphrased version of the same Scripture because it just makes sense.  I also felt it important to add to yesterday’s DEVO that we should all be humbled enough to cry out to God for help when we need it. 

Too often, our pride gets in the way and we refuse to turn our problems over to our Loving Father who wants to give us a rest from all of our worrying and anxieties we face on a daily basis. 

Our beginnings do not have to dictate our endings-we need to let God be involved with every area of our lives and allow Him to lead us into “real rest.”

No comments:

Post a Comment