Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Joyful

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.  Psalm 30:5

I have done some soul searching lately and have pondered whether my happiness depends on everything in my life being just right.  Based on my present circumstances, and the reality of everything not going my way, I’d say that my happiness sometimes does depend on everything being just right.  If everything went my way, the children would always do what I asked on the first time, my wife and I would no longer have disagreements,  I would close every sale that I pursued at work, my Auburn Tigers would be National Champions every season and Carl Edwards would have edged out Tony Stewart to win the NASCAR Sprint Cup a few days ago.

We all experience times in our lives that we feel down, but we cannot let our circumstances control our emotions.  The enemy is a discourager and will stop at nothing to fill our minds with negative thoughts and emotions, but Jesus is our encourager and is always there to lift us up.  He came to give us all love, peace, righteousness, and joy-all the things that help lift our spirits up!

We all feel sad or down at times, but those feelings are only temporary because joy comes from above and makes everything better!

No comments:

Post a Comment