Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Surprise Valley

 

My goal is that their hearts, having been knit together in love, may be encouraged, and that they may have all the riches that assurance brings in their understanding of the knowledge of the mystery of God, namely Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.  Colossians 2:2-3


My wife is still dealing with some injuries she sustained a few years ago while running the Knoxville Covenant Marathon and I know how difficult it is, as a runner, when you are simply unable to.   Several years ago, I was suffering from Iliotibial Band Syndrome or ITBS.  To heal the pain of ITBS, a common runner's injury, I recall having to incorporate cycling and swimming at my local gym in order to get some sort of cardiovascular exercise to supplement my workout for the days that I couldn't run.

One morning during all of my rehab process, all lanes of the pool were being used and the stationary bikes I normally ride were taken at my local gym.  This was a minor inconvenience for me as I was up even earlier than normal to drive out of my way to make it to the gym to work out and get back home so that my wife could head out for work that morning.  Needless to say, I did not like having to change my normal routine, which got my day off to a bad start.  My bad attitude quickly changed as I was heading home that morning and witnessed one of the most beautiful sunrises I have ever seen.

The sun was big and filled the Knoxville skyline and made me thankful that I had to change my routine that morning as I would have probably not seen it otherwise.  

We must learn to approach each day with the desire to seek God.  He is good and faithful and blesses us in ways that we will miss if we are not diligent in searching for Him.

When you seek Him, you will find Him and all of His deep treasures all along the way-it may be the sunshine, an unexpected call from a friend, some flowers or an answered prayer.  Whatever it may be, God is always present in this broken world.


No comments:

Post a Comment