Saturday, May 21, 2022

Maps and Legends

 


We are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making his appeal through us; we entreat you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.  2 Corinthians 5:20

I work for an brokerage firm here in Knoxville and am part of an awesome team that extends to Lexington, KY.   While I’d like to think that 22 years of benefits experience has made me proficient in cranking out spreadsheet comparisons in Excel or whipping up presentations in PowerPoint, I must admit that I had quite a difficult time constructing a feasibility analysis  for a client recently. 

I won’t bore you with the details of the analysis, but the one thing I realized is that no graph, chart or analysis, as simple or as detailed as they come, is readable without a proper legend and/or markers. 

The same holds true for our lives.  You see, just like a graph with an understandable legend, we too are to lead others into a relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, by the way we live our lives.  If our legends and markers don’t include kindness, gentleness, patience, generosity, and love, then how can anyone possibly distinguish us as believers from the rest of the world?

We must allow God to shape our lives in such fashion that our lives guide others towards Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment