Saturday, August 15, 2020

The End Of The Innocence

 

For our knowledge is fragmentary (incomplete and imperfect), and our prophecy (our teaching) is fragmentary (incomplete and imperfect).  But when the complete and perfect (total) comes, the incomplete and imperfect will vanish away (become antiquated, void, and superseded).  

1 Corinthians 13:9-10


Being 46 years old now and a little wiser (not really), the more I realize that I simply do not have all of the answers to life.  Not even close.  This is a far cry from my attitude of being younger where I was convinced that I knew everything, much to my parents’ amusement.  

I can now see these same tendencies both of our boys, Elliott who is 13 and now about to start 7th grade  and Elijah who recently celebrated his 10th birthday earlier this month.  We have multiple disagreements about our favorite comic book characters and he doesn't realize that I just may know a little more than some of the boys in his circle of friends, especially when it comes to the Marvel and DC Universe.  (After all, I am still a comic book nerd and not ashamed to admit it)!

We must change our attitudes and thinking from believing that we know it all, to trusting God  and living with unanswered questions.

No matter where we are in our walk of faith, God will continue to lead us and in doing so, He requires us to fix our eyes on Him, and follow Him one step at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment