Thursday, December 19, 2019

Slippin' Into Darkness


Who among you fears the Lord? ...Whoever walks in deep darkness, without light, should trust in the name of the Lord and rely on his God.  Isaiah 50:10


The first part of my day yesterday started out incredibly awesome.  The weather was cold outside, but still bearable for my morning jog.  All the Christmas lights shined brightly outside the homes in my neighborhood.  For the first time in a while, I was beginning to get excited about Christmas this year. 

I talked to some long-time friends and wished them all a Merry Christmas.  I enjoyed lunch with one of my clients at one of my favorite restaurants in Knoxville, Dead End BBQ.  Life was good and I was on top of the world!  Another hour later, my wonderful day quickly turned into the day from HELL.  
Don’t want to get too personal about work, but let's just say that an unfavorable business decision was made by one of my clients and I was on the losing side of it all.

Nothing happens in this life by chance.  There are reasons for everything happening, because God is in total and complete control.  As is normal for me, I kept wondering what I could have done differently to salvage the business that I lost.  It didn't occur to me until later on that God was still in control, despite my bad situation.  I may never know, why, but I have to trust that it was all part of God's master plan for my life.

One thing is for sure, as we head into Christmas; even in dark and challenging times, we must learn to rely on God and trust Him, at all costs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment