Friday, June 7, 2019

Advice For The Young At Heart


Oh, how I love Your law!  It is my meditation all the day.  Psalm 119:97


Our two sons are very independent and sometimes stubborn children (sheesh, I wonder where they got that from!?)  For instance, our youngest son, Elijah, was balancing himself oddly on the barstool in our kitchen the other day after I warned him repeatedly to be careful that he might fall.

He refused to come down, so I stepped into the other room for a moment and heard a loud crash followed by the sounds of an upset 8 year old.  I was able to make a lesson out of this; well at least I got to say "I told you so" I guess it goes to prove that sometimes we just have to fail on our own and learn from our unique experiences before we listen to other’s advice.

Anytime we are facing important issues or decisions, we should always seek our loving Father’s advice.  There truly is no topic to big or small that we cannot seek God on.  One of the best places to begin looking for advice is the Word of God, but often times, we seek other people’s input and advice and do not seek God in the process.

We must learn to read and study His Word and then learn to apply it to our lives, regardless of what issue or decision we are facing.  In doing so, we tap into His infinite wisdom and can learn how to respond to any and all situations that we will face during our lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment