Sunday, April 28, 2019

Walking In Your Footsteps


To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.  O my God, I trust in You.  Psalm 25:1-2

I am proud to say that both Elliott and Elijah are following in the steps of their old man by embracing the realm of pretty much any and every 80s based cartoon, toy, comic, and movie that I loved growing up: from super-heroes (Marvel and DC) and Star Trek, to Star-Wars, Transformers, Legos, Thundercats, GI Joe, M.A.S.K. and Voltron-the boys are into much of the same things I enjoyed when I was growing up. 

A proud daddy moment occurred a couple of years when I took the boys to their first Comicon in Knoxville...it was a blast from the past for me as there were multiple vendors selling old comics and collectible toys that were popular when I was growing up.   


Regardless of my extensive knowledge about the various characters and story lines that I have enjoyed since my youth, our oldest son, Elliott, sometimes questions me because he has heard something different from one of his buddies at school or in the neighborhood.  Keep in mind, we are talking about 1st Graders now...

We are all called by God to trust Him alone to meet our needs.  God's only requirement is that in addition to trusting Him fully and completely, we are also to obey Him.  We are foolish to ever think that our ways are better than the Good Lord's and I can't possibly recall the many times in my life where I listened to myself and failed to be obedient.

We must trust completely that He is good and His timing is always right and that things will be done according to His will.  It's when we fail to trust Him and do it our way that things fall apart.

Let go and let God!





No comments:

Post a Comment