Tuesday, April 17, 2018

William, It Was Really Nothing

The Lord is my light and my salvation-so why should I be afraid?  The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from dangers, so why should I tremble?  Psalm 27:1

Just a few nights ago, it rained in Knoxville, so I did my best to coax our children into watching, E.T., one of my favorite movies of all-time.  I told the boys the story of how E.T. was left behind on earth and a boy named Elliott found him and brought the alien home to live with him.  It was "all systems go" until Elijah asked to see the DVD packaging.  When he saw E.T.'s glowing finger, he became scared for some strange reason. Like his daddy, he is terrified of spiders and I guess a funny looking alien with a glowing finger scares him as well.  (Heck, I can't say anything, I was scared to death during the Super-Bowl when Michael Jackson debuted his classic video for 'Thriller'  back in the 1980’s!)

You see, fear turns our focus away from God and towards the troubles that intimidate us.  We must learn to look at our fears and troubles as opportunities to rely on God for His help, guidance, and all-mighty power.

There is no problem that is too big for our loving Father who promises to save and deliver His people!

No comments:

Post a Comment