Sunday, November 19, 2017

Against The Wind

I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you.  I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. Ezekiel 36:26

Having two children has made me inadvertently expect our oldest son to be more mature than he can actually be at his age.  It's really not fair, considering he's only ten years old and almost halfway through the fourth grade. I also have this tendency to want to be in control and it's often a power struggle in our household.

When we give God control of our lives, he gives us a new heart, nature, and desire to please him.  God renews our hearts when we come to him with some humility and we turn away from our old sinful habits.  As we do these things, our love for him will grow.

God has the power to change the coldest and hardest of hearts into loving ones.  Are you willing to let go and let God change you?

No comments:

Post a Comment