Saturday, October 14, 2017

No One Is To Blame


The Lord’s loyal kindness never ceases; His compassions never end.  They are fresh every morning; your faithfulness is abundant!  “My portion is the Lord,” I have said to myself, so I will put my hope in Him.  Lamentations 3:13


On occasion, we all are guilty of placing the blame for our mistakes on someone or something else.  This behavior is particularly easy to pinpoint especially with two young boys.  The other morning a toy flew across our den and hit our youngest son in the head, causing him to cry.   When confronted about the mysterious ‘flying toy,’ our oldest said, “Daddy, I didn't do it.  The toy just lifted off of the ground on its own and flew across the room and hit Elijah in the head.”  I must say even though I didn't buy it, that was a pretty creative excuse…

Sometimes I struggle with wrongly placing the blame on God for some of my own problems.  I often accuse God of being unfaithful or punishing me when I am the one who is making careless mistakes.   The truth is, God provides for us each and every day, regardless of us being aware of it or not.  God’s grace, mercy, kindness, and love are always with each of us during the good times and the bad times, but when faced with trouble, it is easy to feel like God doesn't care about us.

Many things change in this world, but you can rest assured that God never changes…His grace, mercy, kindness, and love are constant and new with every new morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment