Sunday, February 12, 2017

Trouble


He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble. Psalm 91:15

The past few weeks have been an emotional roller-coaster for me and my family.  We adopted two puppies earlier this year, Linus and Lucy, and both contracted Parvo, which is a canine viral disease that can be fatal for puppies. After several days in the ICU at the UT Veterinarian Hospital, Linus is back at home and slowly but surely making a full recovery.  Sadly, we had to put Lucy to sleep and even though she was only part of our family for only a short time, we loved her very much and are still heartbroken.  While difficult and painful, the Parvo outbreak put our family in direct contact with many fine folks at Young Williams Animal Shelter and the wonderful staff at UT Vet Hospital, and we were surrounded with love by our dear friends and family. While I may never know or understand why this happened or why things turned out the way they did, I can say that similar to having a sick child or family member, this brought us to our knees and ultimately brought us closer to God. 

Sometimes when life is hectic or you are experiencing troubles, it may not seem like it, but rest assured that God is in control.  He is still omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient, and He will always be.

When facing difficulties, we shouldn't question “Why did God let this happen to me?”  The godly response and one of complete trust is “Father, what do you want me to learn in response to this?”

Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment