Friday, January 6, 2017

SUCCESS

As long as he sought the Lord, God gave him success.  2 Chronicles 26:5


I recently stumbled across one of my favorite quotes from Albert Einstein... "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results."  

How will this year be different for me?  Well, I think I am on my way to understanding by looking back retrospectively at what was a very difficult and painful year.  For instance, how many times did I shrug off God's will for my life and follow my own, or listen to someone else?  Too many times to recall, and many times, I feel like I failed miserably.

The first book of Psalms states "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked...but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night."  Seeking guidance in God's law rather than in the deliberations of the "wicked" is paramount for success in this life.  Knowing that God's will is good and perfect, it makes sense that we should seek Him in all that we do.  When we live in accordance to His will, we are on the pathway to success. 

Don't let your Bible collect dust on the shelf...open it up and explore God's Word and you will be on your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment