Thursday, January 12, 2017

I Can See Clearly Now


I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill his purpose for me.  Psalm 57:2


Being so passionate about music, people often ask me why I never pursued a career in the industry.  For one, I can barely hold a tune.  Not to mention, I cannot read music and I am simply not proficient at playing an instrument.  I was a DJ at one time on an FM radio station I Alabama and enjoyed it very much, but there is more to it than sitting in a production booth and spinning tunes for a radio audience.  As only our Loving Father can work out, God has blessed me in profound ways that have intertwined both my love for music and my love for Jesus Christ...

Many years ago, I fulfilled a dream by playing the bass in a local band (Zephyrus Jones) back in my small hometown of Alabama.  This would have never been possible if I was not serving as a youth minister at the West Point First United Methodist Church.  Since we moving to Knoxville, I have been equally blessed to serve on the audio/video production team at Cokesbury Church's West Campus a couple of Sundays each month.  

Throughout my life, God has often used music as the medium to speak to me and there are countless times that I will hear a song that brings back a flood of memories and makes me think of my mother...   

You see, God has created all of us with both a general purpose and a specific purpose.  In a general sense, we are all to share the love of Christ with other people.  In specific terms, we have all been given unique Spiritual gifts that God wants us to use to make a worthwhile contribution while we are here on earth.

The more we fulfill God’s general purpose, the more clear our specific purposes become.


No comments:

Post a Comment