Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Roll With It


We are assured and know that all things work together and are for good to and for those who love God and are called according to His design and purpose.  Romans 8:28


Our youngest son, Elijah, said something to me the other day that got me to thinking...very innocently, he said, “Daddy, granddaddy is so old that he knows everything.”  With a smile on my face, I kindly corrected him and said something to the effect of: “as wise as his granddaddy is, we all will continue to learn the rest of our lives on this earth, even him too.” 

I still learn something new each and every day in my walk of faith, and agree with the apostle Paul in stating that all things are certainly not ‘good’ but somehow all work together for good.  God is continually working on me giving up the control over my life so that I understand that His ways are far better.

When things don’t go as we planned, we can let things fall apart, or we can roll with it.  It’s hard to relax and let the chips fall where they may, but I am a firm believer that all things work for God’s greater good and we will never fully understand or grasp why certain things happen the way they do.

Trust that God’s design is better than your own and let Him work out the details of your life-He always knows what is best for each of us!


No comments:

Post a Comment