Friday, July 15, 2016

Forever Man


Anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person.  The old life is gone; a new life has begun!  2 Corinthians 5:17


I truly enjoy looking at old family pictures…Alicia and I look different now than when we first met and to see how much both of our boys have grown up and developed is truly remarkable.  Needless to say, change is one of the true constants of life.

The Bible teaches us two very important truths about change: The first being, despite living in an ever-changing world, God NEVER changes and is ALWAYS dependable.  The second is that when we accept Christ as our Lord and Savior, we experience a change of heart (repentance) that produces a change in our outward lifestyle.

Sure, there are times that I look back on my life and miss certain things and activities from my past that I know are wrong, but  my heart has been changed and I remain faithful and obedient to God, not because I have to, but because I choose to, out of love.

My life has changed because of my love for Jesus and  I am a blessed man; I have a beautiful wife and children, a wonderful family, awesome friends, a promising career, good health, and my life will remain forever changed because of my relationship with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment