Saturday, August 22, 2015

Would I Lie To You?


Because of His glory and excellence, He has given us great and precious promises.  These are the promises that enable you to share His divine nature and escape the world's corruption caused by human desires.  In view of all of this, make every effort to respond to God's promises.  2 Peter 1:4-5


If I had to be perfectly honest about the season I am currently in, I would have to say that I am certainly one blessed man, but at the same time I am also in a new and uncharted territory that sometimes leaves me doubting myself and questioning God on a few items.  

At home, I am blessed by all means, but managing our busy schedules and also making time to spend with family and friends remains a never-ending challenge.  At work, I am blessed with my career track and new opportunities, but things are still difficult with the uncertainty that many employers are facing as it pertains to health care reform. We are seeing rates increases on group medical insurance that are simply affordable with no end in sight. 

Doubt is okay, and it doesn't necessarily mean that we have less faith, it just means our faith is being challenged in new ways.  When we find ourselves in uncharted territory, we must allow our doubt to move us closer to God instead of further away from Him.

God gives us all many promises and the last time I checked, He has never broken a single one.  We must learn to trust Him instead of doubting Him.

When we trust, we fall deeper in love with Him and our faith grows even stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment