Monday, August 10, 2015

The Long Run


I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and He is the judge.  John 8:50


It was five years ago today that I successfully wrote and posted the first Daily DEVO on this “God’s Will; Fisher of men" Blog site. It has truly been a joy and labor of love, both personally and spiritually, and I would like to say a very grateful and humbled “THANK YOU” to all of the folks who read the Daily DEVO.

Some of the entries have been pretty good, and others, not so much so, but I hope that along the way, the DEVOtions have been what you needed to read, at a time that you needed to read them.  After all, I try to write about something that is relevant to people in their walk of faith; things that we struggle with, as spouses, as parents, as friends, as siblings, as neighbors, as co-workers, etc.

There are so many Blogs out there, each one different in many aspects and many are focused solely on the glorifying the individual.  I have prayerfully sought God’s will and have attempted to apply His word with my personal life experiences to ultimately glorify Him and not seek glory for myself.

I am convinced that God puts certain people in your life for a reason.  Just like each of His many provisions-He always gives us what we need, just when we need it.  The same holds true for His living and breathing Word; when we seek Him though scripture, He speaks to us and gives us His infinite and Holy wisdom.  When I had my ‘calling’ into the ministry, I would have never imagined in a million years that it would begin in the blogging world, by writing a daily devotional.

It’s inspiring to know that the Daily DEVO has been viewed over 60,000 times over the past five years, and I hope that God will continue to use this Blog to reach more people in the days to come.

Again, I thank you for reading the Daily DEVO and hope you have a blessed day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment