Monday, June 2, 2014

Trouble Me

I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.  John 10:10


Someone very close to me is in desperate need of help but refuses to accept it from anyone.  This particular person seems to be defeated and overwhelmed by all of the troubles they have been experiencing in their life.

My friends and family are not the only people exclusive to experiencing difficulties; I too have had my fair share of trouble over the course of my lifetime as has every single other person on this planet.  The blessed assurance of Jesus is that we do not have to cave in by the pressures of this world or become defeated by our troubles, because we learn to accept that God is always with us.

With God, anything is possible.  We never have to face anything alone.  We can face our problems, and most importantly, we can overcome them.  Jesus also taught His followers that conflicts are only passing in nature.  Troubles and sickness all occur for a season and a reason.  They help us realize our need for God.

If we never faced adversity or difficulties, would we need God?  


No comments:

Post a Comment