Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Walk

Make me know Your ways, O LORD ; Teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; For You I wait all the day.  Psalm 25: 4-5


Waiting on God’s perfect timing is difficult for any believer.  I have certainly had my share of experience in waiting on God and looking back, those times helped me to grow in my faith and dependence on Him.  

I have been blessed with some lifelong friendships and one friend in particular recently confided in me about being patient with a difficult situation at work.  You see, my friend has worked tirelessly for the same company for several years now and has never been given a raise.  With our nation’s economy finally making signs of improvement and with an increased workload year in and year out, my friend finally worked up the courage to sit down with his boss and make a case for an increased salary.

The meeting seemed to go well and I was impressed with my friend’s courage to be bold and ask for a raise in the first place.  Courage is often times associated with bravery, but I am referring to my friend’s ability to patiently wait for God’s voice instead of only following the advice of their family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers.  Doing this requires great faith, humility, and patience, all of which are the other characteristics needed for successful waiting.

I am pleased to write that the conversation took place and things are looking promising for a pay increase.   My friend just needs to continue to patiently surrender to God’s plan for his life…

Thanks be to God for blessing us with such amazing friends!!



No comments:

Post a Comment